logo
Ahoj manažere závodní stáje! Pro používání fóra se musíš Přihlásit nebo Zaregistrovat.

Oznámení

Icon
Error

Možnosti
Přejít k poslední zprávě Přejít k nejnovější zprávě
pysong  
#1 Odesláno : 16. srpna 2023 7:40:14(UTC)
pysong

Kategorie: Top class uživatel fóra

Skupiny: Registered
Zpráv: 718

WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE

A few years ago, while watching Uzi (Jian Zihao), another Chinese professional LOL player, on a live broadcast, Ruo (Teng Yang-Tian-Xia), a retired e-sports player of the real-time action strategy video game League of Legends, blurted out "Uzi, YYDS".To get more news about yyds, you can visit shine news official website.

YYDS, the pinyin abbreviation of the four Chinese character expression, literally means "eternal god", illustrating one's feeling for something or someone that is godlike, awesome and extraordinary. An equivalent abbreviation in English would be GOAT-greatest of all time-to describe the person who has performed better than anyone else ever has, especially in games.

The abbreviated slang reached its peak popularity at last year's Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Whenever a Chinese player won gold at the Games, the video was flooded with YYDS bullet comments, a popular feature on online video sites in China that allows viewers' comments to fly across the screen in real time.

But Chinese internet slang, which is based solely on the widespread use of alphabetical acronyms made up of the initials of Chinese characters, is causing concern among educators.

Cheng Xudong, a primary school teacher in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, says the development of internet slang is not all fun and games. From his daily observations, the "geographical boundary" between Internet slang and formal language is disappearing, as he has often seen the compositions he receives from students flooded with abbreviated slang.

"As an orthodox Chinese teacher, I don't feel comfortable when I read the abbreviations they use to write," he says. "The misuse of homophones also makes me scratch my head. Ya, (the Chinese interjection to express emotions such as exclamation) is often deliberately replaced by some students with one of the homophones meaning 'duck'," he adds.

"The sentence 'I am so happy' literally becomes 'I am happy duck' by using the homophone. Whenever a topic is about patriotism, some students are used to adding YYDS to the word 'motherland', as if it were a natural fit and the abbreviated slang could add momentum."
What made those most physically uncomfortable and raised their blood pressure was the well-deserved jue jue zi, a jargon from the reality TV show Produce Camp 2020 that doubles the character jue (great, awesome) with zi, which was originally an honorary title and can mean "master", to create an enhanced tone that means fantastic or awesome.

It is obviously a positive word, but the rhyming duplication and the cute suffix are abused in almost all circumstances. Loyal defenders of the Chinese language have called for an official ban on what they describe as "language degeneration".

NBCS, an abbreviation of the English words nobody cares, is interestingly an internet buzzword in China, while it is not widely used in the English-speaking world. The post-00s generation is very careful when using it, adding the "s" at the end.
Uživatelé, kteří si prohlížejí toto téma
Změnit fórum  
V tomto fóru nemůžete iniciovat nová témata.
V tomto fóru nemůžete na témata odpovídat.
V tomto fóru nemůžete své zprávy mazat.
V tomto fóru nemůžete své zprávy editovat.
V tomto fóru nemůžete iniciovat průzkumy mínění.
V tomto fóru nemůžete hlasovat v průzkumech mínění.